Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Snow Tiger



I braved the snow storm today to meet a woman at the Cambridge PetSmart who surrendered her 3 year old Bengal cat named Azuma to us. It was important to get him today because all new cats must be isolated for the first 48 hours and I wanted him to be available to find a new home during adoption hours this weekend.

He is stunningly beautiful and he's very affectionate and curious. He gave me a good scare this morning. I left him exploring the room and went to get something and when I came back I couldn't find him. I thought he had escaped but he was just curled up in his cat carrier with his toys. Unlike most cats, Bengals tend to really like water, so he spent lots of time in the sink too.

He's "mom" gave him up because she wanted him to have a better life. She has a small apartment and travels frequently. We'll find him a home where he has lots of room to roam and lots of attention.

No comments: